IMPACT IN ACTION
FOV programs have served more than 1,100 youth, ages 4 to 26, in Massachusetts, at no charge to participants. Each has derived some, if not all, of the following benefits:
1. FOV's programs cultivate mindfulness in youth by creating more opportunities for self-discovery through self-expression, respectful discussion, and by emphasizing process over outcomes.
2. FOV’s programs are in demand: additional classes have been requested by 100 percent of the schools, organizations, and youth facilities that have partnered with FOV.
3. FOV’s work has a proven track record with classroom teachers who value our programs as enhancing their social emotional learning curriculum.
4. FOV’s programs introduce participants to the idea that within oneself, tools exist to develop strategies on how to respond to whatever life puts in one’s path; an important endeavor to lessen the likelihood that they would grow up and choose anger, frustration, and violence over grace, kindness, and compassion.
5. FOV’s programs expose youth to the possibility of seeking joy, a sense of self-worth, and compassion as opposed to bitterness, frustration, or rage. Our belief is that our programs’ teachings will help participants develop into adults who are more thoughtful, kinder, and caring, which then enables them to express emotions in a positive, constructive manner, and to share those emotions with others.
6. FOV programs have had consistent participant growth since inception, as demonstrated by this graph.